Sunday, October 5, 2014

From Teacher to Parent

Dear well neglected blog, 

I seem to have fallen off the blog wagon AGAIN. Understandably, this fall took me for a loop. Throw in confusion, adjustments, stress, but all in all at the end of the day it rests in the hands of the Lord. What would I do without HIM? Now that I am a mother and not paid teacher, I see how sometimes unfair I was of my expectation from parents. Oh, how humbling that is! 

¨Why are they late!?¨
¨Why did they forget their homework!?¨
¨Why are they in hobbies!?¨

Now the pendulum has swung and hit me smack in the face. BONG! Here I am making sure children are on time to school, checking their homework and enjoying them enjoying their hobbies! The teachers are overly gracious and I am trying as I may to organize their little lives so we can all have order and peace. 

Trust me, we do set up routine in the afternoon:

Snack
Rest-Homework
Chores
Play!!!!!

However with good intentions sometimes life does not go like this and that. So thank you teachers for putting up with us for not reading WILMA every evening.  {WILMA is the communication site for schools}. I think at the end of the day it is the last thing I think to check. I understand most of the Finnish, but when you have not read it in awhile and you are exhausted from the day it looks like someone wrote a novel in Finnish and I am like,  ¨Heh???¨ 

However, The text messages to remind me to check WILMA are actually really helpful. I am also grateful to my husband who regularly checks it too. Environmentally, it saves from wasting lost unknown papers that may not have made it to their backpacks. ;)

Now that the schedule is pretty set, I can focus a little bit better. Until then...smile like my zucchini! (Fresh from our garden hiding from an army of snails).

By His Grace, Heidi


No comments: